CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Race Schedule 2016

  • Jan 24-29 Team iTz Camp: Sanibel Island , FL
  • Mar 10-13 Timex Team Camp: Tucson, Arizona
  • Apr 17 King Tut Oly: Dallas, Texas
  • Aug 13 USAT Sprint Nationals: Omaha, Nebraska
  • Sept 11-18 ITU World Chicago AG Sprint: Cozumel, Mexico

Monday

Team TBB/Brett Sutton: Cozumel Day 1








Today I was reunited with two of my best friends Robin Haywood and Susie Langley. They have been here in Cozumel for over two months working with Team TBB and Brett Sutton.  Robin is his assistant coach for the pro camp and runs most sessions of the Junior Elite Team.  Today I had the privilege of shadowing Robin at the Junior sessions.  I really won't go into those details, but WOW! Super impressed by my friend and the knowledge he has gained working with Brett.

I have never been to Cozumel but it has already won my heart.  The people here are unlike anywhere else I have been. They are gracious, humble and smile, alot! Don't get me wrong, poverty rings strongly here in the streets but I have never ridden my bike anywhere that was so crazy with every car, mo ped and bike going every which way, yet everyone yielding to me and others.

 I want to share some of the little experiences I had today.  First off, the one girl at practice today just happened to be named DAPHNE.  Well, that is the name of my first born.  The group was very excited about this as was I, however, some of them could express in English and others not!  It's alright, because I do not know spanish.  After practice, Ceaser was looking at my QR Illicito for quite sometime and then he let a "WHOA!" I realized he had noticed I was missing a seat stay.  They the group of boys noticed my Speedplays, obviously another thing they had never seen before.  As they muttled in their native language, I attempted to explain how the cleat goes onto the pedal.  They were familiar with clipless pedals but not so much the small speedplay.  After swim practice we headed to track practice and completed the session for the day.  When we were finished, Daphne came over to me and kissed my cheek!  I love this little JR Elite team and how they have already embraced me.  I am not leaving Cozumel and I'm shipping my girls down!

And don't think Powerbar isn't everywhere, because it is!!!

We finished the day off with some local chicken taco's that were out of this world and found a lady on the street that was selling homemade apple empanada's. My tummy is full and I am ready to sleep in a sweatfest.... anxious to see what tomorrow hold's and meet Brett......

0 comments: