CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Race Schedule 2016

  • Jan 24-29 Team iTz Camp: Sanibel Island , FL
  • Mar 10-13 Timex Team Camp: Tucson, Arizona
  • Apr 17 King Tut Oly: Dallas, Texas
  • Aug 13 USAT Sprint Nationals: Omaha, Nebraska
  • Sept 11-18 ITU World Chicago AG Sprint: Cozumel, Mexico

Monday

ITU Pan Am Cup and PlayTri Sprint

I headed to Dallas the beginning of this month for the ITU Pan American Cup.  My client Alex Willis was racing his first race there as a Pro.  When I was looking at the weekend schedule of events, I noticed his race was on Saturday and the age group races were on Sunday!  I decided at that point I would maximize my trip and time away from my family by racing on Sunday.
photo 4
Small chat before Alex's race.
The year prior, the Dallas heat and humidity was absolutely brutal.  This year the conditions were much more tolerable and I was happy to be racing in such moderate conditions.  I have been dealing with some foot issues prior to this race and had not been blessed with any speed work in my training.  I really wasn't overly concerned because I was just happy to have the opportunity to race.  I also didn't anticipate any spectators but Alex was out there on the course cheering for me which truly meant the world to me.
photo 3I had a great swim but the bike presented to be more challenging than I had anticipated.  The wind had kicked up and was head on in the uphill sections.  I had fun on this course regardless and hills in Texas are not quite hills in Colorado.  I headed out on the run and really felt like I was in a good rhythem.  I was very nervous during the run hoping my foot would not flair.  If it did, I would be walking it in... so fingers were crossed! Alex couldn't quite get the camera ready because I arrived into the finish shoot a little ahead of schedule.  I had an awesome 5k!  Some times time off isn't the worst thing in the world!
First Place 40-44 ag
First Place 40-44 ag
It was busy with travel back to Colorado that night and I was greeted by some pretty "HAWT" Sherpa's!  I guess they were pretty excited to hear their Mamma had won! Pure Awesomeness right here. Enjoy your training =) www.tristafrancis.comphoto 2



0 comments: