CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Race Schedule 2016

  • Jan 24-29 Team iTz Camp: Sanibel Island , FL
  • Mar 10-13 Timex Team Camp: Tucson, Arizona
  • Apr 17 King Tut Oly: Dallas, Texas
  • Aug 13 USAT Sprint Nationals: Omaha, Nebraska
  • Sept 11-18 ITU World Chicago AG Sprint: Cozumel, Mexico

Friday

The Morning After....



It's no secret that my family is my first priority. It's been quite some time since I've blogged... And I'm
quite sure 99.9% (if not every single one) of my entries are regarding racing, training or coaching. Today is different. Today I blog about Motherhood on my blog titled "My Fire Within".
 
We are always told as parents "don't blink" they'll be gone before you know it. I really have taken that to heart but even more so when I was sitting at a Parent Orientation Meeting for incoming Freshman January 2010. A sense of panic ran through my veins and I dug my heels deep into the dirt and did what I could to make time go slower. My own training and racing dropped to a very solid 3rd on my list.  I knew I wanted to be able to look back on the High School years with my daughters with absolutely no regrets. During the process, my relationship with my daughters blossomed beyond what I thought was capable. But as I look back, it's kind of a no brainer.. I invested deeply in them and what happens to anything that we truly invest in? Well you know that answer. We are best friends... But don't be fooled, there was a lot of tough love! My girls are good girls! I know that! But refining them so they can reach their full potential is a constant process. 

Sunday morning we departed at 7:15 am en route to BYU in Provo, Utah. With Daphnie and Darbie both leaving home this fall, I anticipated this being very hard once again. When we arrived we checked into our hotel and the madness began. Dorm check in, apartment check in, load and unload.  Target runs, grocery shopping, job applications and cover letters; meet the roomies, love the roomies, walk campus, cafeteria meals, bookstore and router installs. Daphnie's boxes at Darbie's place and vice versa. Morning jogs, trips to Swig and taco runs to Brasas. Come Thursday afternoon, all was good and in order and it was time to leave. As hard as it was to leave, Demi is in need of some attention after such a world wind month. She is now the only one at home which is a huge adjustment for all of us. 

As I wake this morning and review a few midnight texts that I received from my lovelies already enjoying their life out there.. I sit here and find myself counting the hours until they arise and facetime, texts, calls and snaps begin so we can share all the details of their evening. I already miss them. 

0 comments: