CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Race Schedule 2016

  • Jan 24-29 Team iTz Camp: Sanibel Island , FL
  • Mar 10-13 Timex Team Camp: Tucson, Arizona
  • Apr 17 King Tut Oly: Dallas, Texas
  • Aug 13 USAT Sprint Nationals: Omaha, Nebraska
  • Sept 11-18 ITU World Chicago AG Sprint: Cozumel, Mexico

Sunday

HyVee 5150 US Championships

I was more than excited to race this race again. It's a great venue and a course that appeals to my strengths. As I was planning my trip, I realized my girls ran on the Friday evening before the race. As important as this race was to me, being a Mom and supporting my girls at their Cross Country meet was still a step higher on the priority list. I was hopeful I could slide in the day before and still have a relatively successful race.
A few things happened that created more stress than I anticipated. When I arrived at the airport Saturday around 1pm, my car that I reserved was not there. They had no cars and there was a line waiting for the returns to come in. After about 45min, I was able to finally get to my already tight schedule. I stayed downtown last year, but for some reason my memory and google maps were not getting me to the right place. This added more time. After another 30min delay, I checked in, headed over to the mandatory mtg and packet pick up, then built my bike and got it to Grey's Lake by dinner time. Phew!
Race morning came and it was dumping cats and dogs! This caused an hour delay, but thankfully it turned out to be a great race morning. 

My goal for this race was to get into the top 10, close to 5th would even be better. My swim brought me out 12 or 13, I biked up to 9 and was set to hit my goal until the bottom dropped out at mile 2 of the run, in a bad way! Sooo I ended up 16th.
Looking back on that Saturday, I was not in my normal pre-race routine and probably did not hydrate and eat  nearly enough that day. I am pretty sure it was a dehydration issue. For many of the obvious reasons what occurred post race, lack of urination, dark color and when I arrived home and got on the scale two days later, I was still only 115.6.. Yikes! The past couple months I've been fluctuating between 117-118.6.
As I write this, I am en route to Lifetime Tempe. Saturday at 4:19 pm. My girls ran this morning and I left Denver at 3:20pm. I have made a better effort this time to stay hydrated and eat better today. I will build my bike and roll into transition at 5am tomorrow to get my packet. And I heard it will be 100 degrees when I land. Let's see if I do a better job this time around. My girls are my number 1 priority, period. Hopefully, I'll learn to be more resilient to this.. 'Mad dash travel to a race and back'... routine I have going :) Enjoy your training =) 
Photo: Client Justin Little and I; He won taking home the Gold and $750 in cash prizes in M35-39.

1 comments:

Darin Armstrong said...

Attn: Trista Francis #Triathlete / Owner of iTz Multisport Endurance Coaching
From: Darin Armstrong #TeamLIVESTRONG

***Special #FollowFriday #Shoutout To: @TristaFrancis #Triathlete High #Performance #Coach / Owner- iTz Multisport Endurance Coaching (#Runners #Cyclists #Triathletes) - http://http://TristaFrancisTriathlete.blogspot.com/

Hello Trista,
The above is what your #Twitter #FollowFriday #Shoutout will look like this Friday should you do a 'mutual' following with me on twitter. If you want changes made above, not a problem. ('Smart Individual Marketing/PR')

Just a quick message to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter that will benefit you. (Ex: I am providing 'Anytime’ #RT's for all #Ironman #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned for support…Over 41K folks at your access...). I am currently following you now and am awaiting your follow-back...

All the very best to you & your family for the rest of 2013 & beyond Trista. Look forward to hearing from you...

(PS. Trista, should you follow back, I'll be giving you a 'Stand Alone' #FollowFriday #Shoutout including your 'website' this week Friday...)

Darin
twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
#TeamLIVESTRONG