CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Race Schedule 2016

  • Jan 24-29 Team iTz Camp: Sanibel Island , FL
  • Mar 10-13 Timex Team Camp: Tucson, Arizona
  • Apr 17 King Tut Oly: Dallas, Texas
  • Aug 13 USAT Sprint Nationals: Omaha, Nebraska
  • Sept 11-18 ITU World Chicago AG Sprint: Cozumel, Mexico

Tuesday

Blood Lactate Testing: Korey Stringer Institute UConn and the Timex Performance Center


photo (38)
This years camp was  "Partners in Performance".  There could not be a more fitting name for the direction of Timex, the Timex Multisport Team and its partners. This year at Timex Camp, we had Blood Lactate Threshold Testing available to us by Timex and KSI.  Two big Partnerships that Timex has is with the NY Giants and the Korey Stringer Institute.  These partnerships allow us to bring together a vast amount of knowledge into current research and keep the three parties a step ahead.
photo (37)

Saturday morning, my teammate Kelly Fillnow and I jumped on the early test during breakfast. We were barely bright eyed and bushy tailed by day 3 of camp....
photo (40)
After loading into the computer all my information, it was time to get the IV.  This was a smooth and simple procedure. This is a great photo of my New Timex Run Trainer 2.0 as well (available March 2013)!
photo (34)

We started out with a short warm up to get my heart rate to 146bpm; a starting point for the test.
photo (30)
Then the test began.  The protocol was a blood draw every two minutes, then increase effort by .5 mph running at a 2% incline.  Heart Rate and Rate of Perceived Exertion was recorded as well.
photo (31)
photo (32)
As I got further into the test, my blood started to clot quickly and efficiently and we were unable to keep the line open, so we moved over to the finger prick for the last two readings.
photo (33)
After finishing up, I got off the treadmill and enjoyed the hoot and hollering because I had the highest lactate in the last two minutes after threshold.  I hit 11.4.  I even out lactated the men on my team! It was pretty cool when my teammate and 2013 USAT Master's Athlete of the Year, Chris Thomas said.. "Damn girl, you can suffer."
photo (36)

The results were spot on where I would have guessed my LT was at.  I have some work to do still but its early.  I am so blessed to be apart of such a great group of Coaches and Athletes and stay 2 steps ahead and have so many resources at my fingertips.  Timex has given me this opportunity and it is so awesome to be a part of something much bigger. This has such a huge impact on me as a coach and athlete. Thanks to Keith, Tristan, and Tom who make this all happen.  Enjoy your training. =) www.tristafrancis.com

0 comments: