CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Race Schedule 2016

  • Jan 24-29 Team iTz Camp: Sanibel Island , FL
  • Mar 10-13 Timex Team Camp: Tucson, Arizona
  • Apr 17 King Tut Oly: Dallas, Texas
  • Aug 13 USAT Sprint Nationals: Omaha, Nebraska
  • Sept 11-18 ITU World Chicago AG Sprint: Cozumel, Mexico

Thursday

Thrown Under The Bus...

Yes, that is what happened 11 days ago.  I was just feeling amazingly fit and fast.  I had a great week of training, recovery was phenomenal and fatigue was at a minimum. Then the scratchy throat.  I pulled the emergency brake to try and shed what might be wanting to attack! It never seems to work. As history has shown, when I get sick, I get REAL sick.  There is no such thing as a bug for a couple of days then on with life and this time was no different. Because I am an asthmatic, my lungs are super sensitive.  If I get a cold, it drops into my chest into a secondary infection 100% of the time.  So would I rather have the stomach flu? Absolutely. The first round of antibiotics didn't knock it out.  This is the first time this has happened. Fortunately, the second round took hold quickly and I was able to start improving my 2 hours out of bed per day.

Should I be stressed? Probably so, I have Toyota Cup US Open Championships in 9 days and I leave for Auckland, New Zealand to race the ITU World Championships 4 days after that but I chose not to be. I have learned in life to not worry about the things I can not control. So as I sit here still dripping wet from my first workout back; a 20min swim in the pool because I couldn't go longer, I will relish in the accomplishment of qualifying, having my health back, and anxious for the opportunity and experience of championship races once again. Enjoy your training =)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
Triathlon Week